Instructor-led classroom or on-demand training
Course 20688: Supporting Windows 8.1
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to support the Windows 8.1 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 networking environment. This course is designed for IT professionals who have experience with Windows devices and who work as Windows Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. Through this instructor lead, five day Microsoft Official Course, with extensive hands-on labs you will learn how key components of the Windows Operating system work in order to aid in troubleshooting system problems. How to identify and resolve issues with networking, Windows Store apps, security, group policy, Internet Explorer, remote access, and support of mobile devices.
This course uses new versions of Desktop Optimization Package (MDOP), Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT), Microsoft Message Analyzer, and is the first course that uses the popular Sysinternals tools, and other tools. This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-688, MCSA: Supporting Windows 8.1.
NOTE:- This course is based on Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition with domain services provided by Windows Server 2012 R2.
Microsoft OneDrive® is used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please confirm with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers please reference the course setup guide for more details.
This course is primarily intended for the Enterprise Device Support Technician (EDST), who provide Tier 2 support to users running Windows desktops and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs are experienced IT Professionals who focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems, devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. Key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings and device synchronization, local and remote network access, access to applications, access to data and printers, authentication, endpoint security and policy, operating system and data recovery.
EDSTs must combine technical expertise with problem solving and decision making skills and a deep understanding of their business and technical environments to quickly resolve support issues. They consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate trade offs while adhering to business and technical requirements and constraints. EDSTs are primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of desktops and devices, installing and testing line-of-business applications on these devices, and physically making changes to user devices or re-images as required.
The secondary audience for this course can include students preparing to take exam 70-688.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 8.1 system.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot computers remotely.
- troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
- Maintain Windows 8.1 following deployment.
- Design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Recover a computer running Windows 8.1.
- Lecture Repeat
- Lab Repeat
|Ent-101||Windows 10 Enterprise||Weekdays||Monday to Friday||1.00. p.m. to 4.30 p.m.||3 weeks|
|Ent-102||Windows 10 Enterprise||Weekends||Saturday Only||1.00. p.m. to 4.30 p.m.||10 saturdays|
|Ent-103||Windows 10 Enterprise||Fast Track||Monday to Friday||9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.||3 days|
|Ent-104||Windows 10 Enterprise||Full time||Saturday only||9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.||4 saturdays|